Problem Uploading To Board

Please help, I have the right tool and port but my arduino keeps showing the error below.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 4100 bytes (12%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 241 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1807 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Remove any connections to pins 0 and 1 on your Arduino board. These pins are used for communication with your computer, including uploads. Connecting anything to these pins can interfere with uploads.

Make sure you have the correct board selected from the Tools > Board menu. Note that some boards have similar names, but are not interchangeable. Examples include "Arduino Uno" vs. "Arduino Uno WiFi" vs. "Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2", "Arduino Nano" vs. "Arduino Nano Every" vs. "Arduino Nano IoT" vs "Arduino Nano 33 BLE", "Arduino Duemilanove" vs. "Arduino Due".

Make sure you have selected the port of your Arduino board from the Tools > Port menu.

Sometimes the port will be labeled with the board name in the menu. Other times it will not. If you don’t know which port is your Arduino board, you can find it like this:

• Unplug your Arduino board from the computer.
  • Tools > Port
  • Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  • Close the Tools menu. The ports list is only updated when the Tools menu is re-opened, so this step is essential.
  • Plug your Arduino board into the computer.
  • Tools > Port - The new port listed in the menu is your Arduino board.

I have the same problem and I'm at a dead end. Already did this and the problem continues. Any more recommendations?

What board do you have? Can you upload pictures of it?

I also read that no green light is bad news. I got a friend who bought the same exact board but his turned out fine.

Do you have a CH340 Driver installed.

The LED color doesn't mean anything. Some boards have green LEDs, some orange, some red, some blue...

It's only an indicator light. It doesn't change color.

The "ON" LED means the board has power.

The "L" LED is connected to Arduino pin 13. This light should blink quickly several times after you press the reset button, indicating that the bootloader is running. When you get a new board, the "L" LED will usually be blinking once a second. But after you upload your first sketch, the "L" LED will do whatever the sketch tells it to.

The "RX" LED indicates that the board is receiving serial communication over the USB port. You will see it blinking during an upload.

Similarly, the "TX" LED indicates that the board is sending serial communication over the USB port.

1 Like

I got the ch340g installed. Is that the same thing or do I have to install it as well?

That will work fine from as far as I know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.