problem uploading

I recently purchased a arduino uno rev 3 board I am running windows 7 32 bit.
the computer see the board and has logged it on to com1.
in the tools tab on arduino it also shows as com1
but when I try to upload the simple blink program it verifies it but upon upload it causes an error and won't complete I have tried different com ports but no difference
I keep getting the message "problem uploading to board"
this is my second arduino uno with the same problem what am I doing wrong
and I am running the latest arduino update
also in the setup portion of the arduino site it states:

Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named "arduino.inf", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download (not the "FTDI USB Drivers" sub-directory). If you are using an old version of the IDE (1.0.3 or older), choose the Uno driver file named "Arduino UNO.inf"

can not find arduino.inf file please help :roll_eyes:

Post either a picture of the board or a link to where you got it from. It will help us identify the board and drivers needed.

I purchased it at radio shack here is the picture it is a genuine arduino because it has a gold piece next to the usb port

here is the photo

DSCN1240.JPG

OK. Start the IDE with no board plugged in. Check under tools->port. What ports are listed?

Then plug the board in, wait a minute and then check. What ports now?

when the board is disconnected ports will not highlight
when reconnected com 1

OK. with the board connected look in device manager. Does com 1 look normal or is there any warning signs on it?

Also can you turn on verbose debugging in the IDE and post the output.

I opened up the file tab . clicked on preferences

then checked of "show verbose output during" compilation and upload
and dammed EVERYTHING WORKS
what was going on

rhamuka:
I opened up the file tab . clicked on preferences

then checked of "show verbose output during" compilation and upload
and dammed EVERYTHING WORKS
what was going on

Oh sorry about that....

Actually I am pleased it works!

Here i have attached driver folder for you. Unzip it.

Goto device manager->port-> chose board-> install driver manually-> choose the path where file is unzip. choose the board you are using

Open IDE. goto tool select board & comport ; you see port & board @ right end corner of IDE.

chose simple blink example upload the code. If you gettig error take screen shot share here in jpeg format.

drivers.zip (1.19 MB)