Problem with PLX DAQ interfacing

Hello people!!!

Hope you guys are doing really great! :slight_smile:

Well I am working on prototype where I am logging the data of 3 sensors from Arduino board to Excel using PLX DAQ macro...

The platform I am working on is ARDUINO UNO board , Windows 7 64 bit and and Excel 2010...

I have been facing a very annoying problem.. Since I make 18-24 hour long experiments, therefore need the PLX DAQ to record the data from Arduino for that much time.

But I always notice that that after 4-5 hours it stops recording and then when I disconnect and connect it again, It says the error as : "StampDAQ could not connect. Check port settings".

I have tried changing to 5 different ports, I have also changed yesterday from windows 7 to XP, I have tried reinstalling the drivers... But this problem is persisting.

What should be done further.. I am clueless! :frowning:

Please help! Will deeply appreciate!

Regards

Pramit

The platform I am working on is ARDUINO UNO board , Windows 7 64 bit and and Excel 2010...

The PLX-DAQ plugin does not work for that version of Excel.

I have also changed yesterday from windows 7 to XP

I can't imagine that helping.

Why not just write the data to an SD card, in csv format, and then, when the experiment/test/whatever is over, transfer the SD card to the PC, and open the file in Excel?

Well that's a good idea Paul to change from Excel to SD card... Thanks!

But I really want to understand why it works absolutely fine till some hours and then stops... Does anybody has had the same experience?

And if not this version of MS Excel, then in which version does PLX DAQ work the best with Arduino?

Regards

Pramit

Cross post.