Reading datasheed SSR and advice

Hello,
I would like to control some 9V loads with my arduino with output 3.3V. I'm looking at the ones from Vishay and found this (https://www.vishay.com/docs/84639/vo1263aa.pdf). I got confused reading the datasheet. I don't understand what is the voltage/current in the input and the output maximum load.
Is this easy to hook up or you suggest another Vishay product?

Kind regards,
dk

That is NOT an SSR, it is an optical switch to drive the MOSFET gates in an SSR. The output current is only about 10 micro Amps or 10 millionths of an Amp. What is your 9V load? How much current (Amps) does it require?
https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=%20VO14642AT

hum.. I think I had different pages open and got confused.
The load is a solenoid valve working with a 9V battery, I would like to switch this with an external power supply and control with a relay and exploring the option of a SSR. Unfortunately my multimeter broke and at the moment cannot measure the current needed.

VO14642AT: I was looking at this as well but cannot understand the datasheet. I assume page 3 bottom the "DC only configuration" I understand pin 6(+4) and 5 are to be connected to the load (where 5 is the comm of the normal relays). Pin 1 is the + which I connect to my digital output, and pin 2 will go to GND.

I don't get what are the min/max voltage or current for pin 1 to light up the internal led, and what are the values supported by Pin 4, 5, 6.

I don't get what are the min/max voltage or current for pin 1 to light up the internal led

There is no internal resistor so you have to add one (like any other LED).

If you look under Electrical Characteristics it may need 2mA to turn-on with a typical forward voltage of 1.3V, and if you look under Absolute Maximum Ratings it can't be more than 50mA.

So, let's calculate a resistor for 5mA. With 3.3V from the Arduino and 1.3V across the LED, that's 2V across the resistor. 2 / 0.005A = 400 Ohms. Anything close to 400 Ohms will work.

and what are the values supported by Pin 4, 5, 6.

Absolute Maximum ratings are 60V and 2A.

Make sure to add a [u]flyback diode[/u].

I really appreciate your explanation.
I attached the schema, and hope I understood correctly how to use the flyback diode... Is the one I placed good?.

The absolute maximum ratings are enough for the valve.

I have additional questions:

• Is there a protection I can put to ensure the SSR turns on only when the digital pin is HIGH?
  • to add a led that turns on when the SSR is on, I can put in parallel to the 400ohms resistor and the SSR, a 220Ohms resistor with a led. No impact on the SSR is this correct?

Kind regards, dk

Anyone can confirm the design with the diode is correct please?

Connect 9V to + of valve and cathode of diode, - of valve to pins 4 and 6 and anode of diode, pin 5 to GND.
out1.png

out1.png

There's little danger of an input pin floating high enough to illuminate the input LED.

I appreciate your support and clarifications. I have understood.

Kind regards,
dk

d82k:
Is there a protection I can put to ensure the SSR turns on only when the digital pin is HIGH?[/li][/list]

The opto coupler does nothing till you force current through it, just like LEDs don't light up till you force current
through them. If you are worried you can add 10k across the opto input, but its not needed unless somone's
welding close-by

to add a led that turns on when the SSR is on, I can put in parallel to the 400ohms resistor and the SSR, a 220Ohms resistor with a led. No impact on the SSR is this correct?[/li][/list]

So long as you don't exceed the pin's current limit, so calculate the currents.