[RESOLVED] Arduino Nano R3 Serial Port Problem

Hey guys, I just bought a new Arduino Nano R3 (which came with its own cable) recently and have tried to use it.

The Arduino software isn't detecting my serial port, but my mac (OSX El Capitan v10.11.6) is detecting the cable. It says:

USB2.0-Serial:

Product ID: 0x7523
Vendor ID: 0x1a86
Version: 2.54
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x14200000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 1000
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

The only ports that have come up would be:

• my phone's wireless iAP and
  • a bluetooth incoming port

I've tried installing different types/versions of FTDI drivers to see if they would detect the port but they all don't. So now I'm stuck and I can't upload any of my codes into the board.

Kinda new to this btw, hope I can resolve this ASAP. :cry:

Your Nano doesn't have an FTDI chip so of course the FTDI driver won't work for you. Instead you need to install the CH340 driver since that's the chip on your board:

pert:
Your Nano doesn't have an FTDI chip so of course the FTDI driver won't work for you. Instead you need to install the CH340 driver since that's the chip on your board:
CH341SER_MAC.ZIP - 南京沁恒微电子股份有限公司

Thank you very much for the advice. It has worked. Kinda new to this, so I thought that my R3 had an FTDI drive. :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad I was able to help! The official Nanos have the FTDI so you will find instructions that tell you that is the correct driver but most of the clone Nanos use the CH340 so it's a bit confusing.

Enjoy!