SDCard wiring schemas Arduino Uno Arduino Uno Wifi Arduino Nano 33 Iot

Hi everybody,

just to share wiring schemas that eventually worked, with both Adafruit Micro SD Board + and a generic SD Cards.

Not rocket science at all, but something would have saved my couple of hours digging here and then.

Hope this could be helpful for someone is entering the SD card read connection domain.

Andrea

1 Like

what is the difference between the two Nano wirings? i would power the SD adapter with level conversion from 5 V pin. the Uno would work with the Uno WiFi wiring and why not use ground and 5 V from the SPI header?

1) the difference between the two nano wiring is on the SD card. With Adafruit Card the "names" of the pinout are different (D0 "means" MISO --> PIN 12 and DI "means" MOSI -->PIN11) and depending on the available documentation you can find out there some misunderstanding could arise.

2) For sure the Uno Wifi WON'T work with the Uno wiring. This has been the issue I wanted to clearly document here, since most of the available documentation has been written having in mind the Uno board, NOT the Uno wifi... unfortunately...

3) Not tested the usage of ground and 5v from the SPI header but in principle you are right, it should work.

Hope this clarifies your questions

apagliari: 2) For sure the Uno Wifi WON'T work with the Uno wiring. This has been the issue I wanted to clearly document here, since most of the available documentation has been written having in mind the Uno board, NOT the Uno wifi... unfortunately...

the documentation was written before the Uno WiFi Rev. and other boards existed.

in general for SPI the SPI header should be used if available. other boards including Mega or Leonardo don't have SPI on pins 11, 12 and 13, but the SPI header is the same.

and the new Nanos (Every, 33 IoT and 33 BLE) don't have the SPI header but have SPI on pins 11, 12, 13 as the classic Nano.

If the SD adapter has a level conversion IC for 5 V boards, then it should be powered with 5 V.

Hi everybody

@apagliari : i found this “not so old” thread which is very interesting for my ongoing project, but the image of your 1st post seems to be not available anymore :frowning:

So I was wondering if you could post it again (?)

thanks in advance, all the best!

@cirutech, trying to upload again the image. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated!