Send pulse on reed switch open/close

Hi!

I'm working on my own door sensors using reed switches, I already have some which are normally open. I was thinking of using the ESP8266 but can also use something similar.

I would like the system to run on a small LiPo battery, so it needs to use as little power as possible.
The best way I thought of to solve this is to make the ESP switch itself off/go into deepsleep, after a message has been sent to the server.

I could of course hook up the reed switch directly to the reset pin, put this would only activate it on the door opening. What I would like to achieve is to send a pulse to the reset pin of the esp everytime the door opens/closes. What would be the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

What would be the best way to achieve this?

The best way would be to rethink what you want to accomplish. Waking up the ESP by pressing the reset switch is rarely the right way to do it.

Waking up the ESP by triggering an external interrupt pin is more normal. How to do that depends on exactly what the reed switches are doing, which is not at all clear.

As I already said in my first post, I'm trying to make my own door sensors. Door sensor = sensor with reed switch at door which detects if said door is open.

External interrupts are simply not an option; these can not be triggered during deep sleep and so it would require too much power, as I also already said in my first post.

I'm trying to achieve something like this: IoT - Send Push Notifications with ESP8266 WiFi - Low Power Door Switch Monitor 1uA!! - YouTube

dont know to accomplish that, just an idea.

Create a circuit board with time delay relay which will power up on reed switch trigger.
relay will supply power to ESP for long enough to run your program.
then your time delay relay will cut power to the board.

usbuild:
dont know to accomplish that, just an idea.

Create a circuit board with time delay relay which will power up on reed switch trigger.
relay will supply power to ESP for long enough to run your program.
then your time delay relay will cut power to the board.

Thanks! I think that something like that would work.
What I need to figure out now, is something that would create a pulse on both door close and door open to trigger the relay.

I've found this post: switches - Passive circuit to generate a pulse when a door opens/closes? - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange
I'm going to take a closer look at that.