Sending a gmail from an arduino

Can anyone PLEASE give me the CORRECT server name, port number and sequence of strings to send to that server to reliably log into your gmail account and send an email.

This does not work: http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/WiFiEmailClient

PHPoC does not work.

You'll need a 3rd party server script or service to send email. Sending mail from an arduino is tagged as spam from most mail servers so it'll never get through.

I successfully used an arduino Yun with Temboo to do what you want. There was an accelerometer connected to the Yun. When triggered, it initiated a temboo library, and used the built-in wifi. Temboo uses Gmail OAUTH (which you have to set up), and then can easily send an email, text message (using Twillo), etc.

Let me know if you need some examples of this. Happy to help in any way. Although temboo's documentation on getting this working is quite good, and the email support provided by them was fantastic.

N.

nm1213:
I successfully used an arduino Yun with Temboo to do what you want. There was an accelerometer connected to the Yun. When triggered, it initiated a temboo library, and used the built-in wifi. Temboo uses Gmail OAUTH (which you have to set up), and then can easily send an email, text message (using Twillo), etc.

Let me know if you need some examples of this. Happy to help in any way. Although temboo's documentation on getting this working is quite good, and the email support provided by them was fantastic.

N.

I am trying to do this from a library so I would rather not make Trembo a dependancy. Besides I want to know, for my own satisfaction, how to do it manually so to speak.

If you know which source file in the Trembo library will show me the nitty gritty of how to do it, rather than having to trawl through all the wrapper classes etc then I would appreciate it