Sensor communication question

Hi there,

I have the sensor on the picture but I haven't been able to communicate with it.

Imgur

The pins are VCC, GND, SCK, and OUT. I tried using the code for my BMP 280 -SDA and SCL connection- without much success and also tried reading it from an analog pin (I knew it wasn't going to work)

I haven't found much information online on this particular sensor breakout board and I was hoping someone here could point me to a sample code I could benchmark from.

Thank you all.

Maybe look here or here.

Riva:
Maybe look here or here.

So the fact it's a pressure sensor is a red herring? The device on the board that talks to the Arduino is the HX711, which insulates the sensor from the outside world.

elvon_blunden:
So the fact it's a pressure sensor is a red herring? The device on the board that talks to the Arduino is the HX711, which insulates the sensor from the outside world.

I think the pressure sensor is of the differential type and its analogue output is very small and needs amplifying.
The module uses the HX711 AD converter to convert the analogue value into an I2C signal.
OP just need to find a library for working with the HX711 (details in the first link I posted) and connect the module to the SCL/SDA pins (along with VCC/GND) and they should be able to read data.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the HX711 insulates the sensor from the outside world.

Riva:
I’m not sure what you mean when you say the HX711 insulates the sensor from the outside world.

I meant in a coding sense, not a physical one… the coding of the Arduino relates to the HX711, not the pressure sensor, which is on the “other side” so to speak of the HX711 and which talks to the HX711 not to the Arduino.

OP’s lucky you recognized it for what it is, a breakout board.

elvon_blunden:
I meant in a coding sense, not a physical one... the coding of the Arduino relates to the HX711, not the pressure sensor, which is on the "other side" so to speak of the HX711 and which talks to the HX711 not to the Arduino.
Okay, I understand now. Yes, just a HX711 library is needed and some maths to convert its output to pressure.

OP's lucky you recognized it for what it is, a breakout board.
Simply did a Google search for 'pressure sensor module' and selected the image results to just look through until I found the same image and then followed the links. Something the OP could do if they thought to do so.

Riva:
Simply did a Google search

And there's me giving you the benefit of the doubt that you instantly recognised it by make and model.

Thanks a lot Riva and Elvon. This is what I was looking for.

Something the OP could do if they thought to do so.

I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that I searched google for a while without much success. I searched for the pressure sensor and the chip but I couldn't find the breakout board for some reason

Thanks again!!

Is this one for HX711 (AMP + 24-bit Serial ADC)?
hx711.png

hx711.png

Pauloesperon:
I'm a little bit embarrassed to say that I searched google for a while without much success.

It was not a dig at you, I just got lucky with the generic search term I used and Google having scraped matching images. I find the image search to be very helpful sometimes. :slight_smile: