Serial Plotter on Raspberry Pi

I LOVE the serial plotter.

I would like to use this functionality of the IDE on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I do not see it in the menu after installing via "sudo apt-get" however...

Are there any other solutions to getting serial data plotted on the Pi in real time I may not be aware of?

When you install the Arduino IDE using apt-get, you get an extremely outdated version of the Arduino IDE that has been modified in unspecified ways by a 3rd party. Please always download the official Arduino IDE from the Downloads page of this repository:

For your Raspberry Pi, you'll want to use the "Linux ARM 32 bits" download link. You'll find that it has all the same features as you get when running the Arduino IDE on any other OS.

Thank you, what a great tip I thought I was doing it more "officially" with the command line way. I will try it using the download method.

Anything I need to consider to uninstall the sudo apt-get download version or just install on top?

That works great!

My only question is how to install it properly?

If I click the file, "Arduino" , and select "execute" it runs. But the old version usually supersedes when I open .ino files. How do I clean this up and make it right?

(deleted)

Sensebellum:
That works great!

My only question is how to install it properly?

If I click the file, "Arduino" , and select "execute" it runs.

If the install routine were successful, you find the Arduino IDE on the Programming Menu.

RIN67630:
If the install routine were successful, you find the Arduino IDE on the Programming Menu.

That answer does not help if ino is associated with the old version and one wants to open the new ide by double-clicking an ino file.

sterretje:
That answer does not help if ino is associated with the old version and one wants to open the new ide by double-clicking an ino file.

Why is it still assciated wit the old version, didn't you remove it?

RIN67630:
Why is it still assciated wit the old version, didn't you remove it?

It's not me, but OP. OP has two versions installed.