Servo Header

The SabertoothSimplified.h library uses the TX pin to control my 2X25 motor driver. I have successfully run the TankStyleSweep example on my Yardbot. The GPS shield through which I am running it, has a Servo Header ( G+S ) that would make for a much cleaner looking installation as well as freeing up those connections ( 5V, GND, TX ). Would I need to include the servo library and then figure out how to designate the 0 port? Or would the program immediately go to that first port? Thanks

TankStyleSweep.ino (2.91 KB)

The SabertoothSimplified.h library

for which you haven't provided a link

uses the TX pin to control my 2X25 motor driver. I have successfully run the TankStyleSweep example on my Yardbot. The GPS shield through which I am running it,

for which you haven't provided a link

has a Servo Header ( G+S )

A what?

Would I need to include the servo library

Not unless you are adding a servo.

Or would the program immediately go to that first port?

No. If you connect the motor driver to different pins, it can't tell that.

Do you have the sabertooth controller that can take servo type commands?

Just FYI, for those helping

I believe this is their Sabertooth 2x25
http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/sabertooth2x25

So, it’s obvious that I need to do some serious reading and studying. The GPS Shield Module Board V2.1 EB-5365 SD Interface does not have a link that I can find. There is diagram shown at the two sites where it is available for purchase, which I can partially decipher. I have not been able to locate a legend, or key, to fully understand its features. In the lower right area of the board, there are four ports for servos ( G + S ) which I am referring to as a header. I will work diligently to compose a coherent posting ( with code ). What is the proper terminology for what I am referring to as a ‘servo header’, and , is there an industry standard for reading the color coded symbols shown in the image below?

Servos need three wires - one for power (+), one for ground (G), and one for control (S).

I know that there are nice connectors that plug into these sets of pins, but I don't see how that will help you with the Sabertooth thing.