Sim racing lcd

Hey guys,

I am doing sim racing for a while and i have made some things like a wind simulator, button box and steering wheel with arduino, but i want to make a display to build in my steering wheel.
The only problem is is that my pc can’t run simhub, so i need to write the code in arduino.
Does anyone know how to write the code for this display in arduino or does anyone already have a code or does anyone want to help me?

Kind regards
Martin

It would help, greatly, if you were to tell us what display.

Whichever it is there is almost certainly a library with example code for it.

Why don’t You go for writing the code Yourself?
There’s no supermarket selling all thinkable, and not thinkable, code.

groundFungus:
It would help, greatly, if you were to tell us what display.

Whichever it is there is almost certainly a library with example code for it.

Its a tft touch screen module, but i dont think there is a library for things like simracing with this display, or are there?

martino2000:
Its a tft touch screen module

Hey, wake up, grow up. There are plenty of those things. We are not mammas responding to "help me, I don't manage".

Be a little bit of a scientist, an engineer. Don't think we use chrystall balls.

Railroader:
Hey, wake up, grow up. There are plenty of those things. We are not mammas responding to "help me, I don't manage".

Be a little bit of a scientist, an engineer. Don't think we use chrystall balls.

As you hopefully read, i have made some projects with simracing and arduino, and i know how to write things, but i need someone to give me a little "push in the back" so i can do the rest of the project myself. I need the part of how to get the data from the game to the arduino. Everything else like how it gets printed on the lcd i can do myself.

What Railroader is trying to say, I think, is that you write in generality (i need to get data) while we need detail (how is the data sent, how much data, how fast, what format).

What Arduino do you have?

There are a few ways for a PC to send information to an Arduino. There is serial (over USB), data over WiFi (UDP, TCP), Bluetooth (which is really serial).

The, arguably, easiest is serial. The serial input basics tutorial may be of interest.

@groundFungus
Pretty much.... Thanks.

Oh ok thanks,

The data should be sent with an usb to an arduino nano uno or mega.

Then the serial input basics is a starting point.

Do you have a sample of what the data would look like?

We are going to need to know a lot more about the data if we are to help. We need details (how is the data sent, how much data, how fast, what format, etc.). If you can't or won't answer those questions, i don't see how we can be of any more help.

OK, So i need to get the data from the game through the serial?

For an Uno, Nano or Mega, serial is the only way to get data to them, from the PC, without extra hardware. I know nothing of getting the game to output serial data and that is out of scope for the Arduino forum.

OK thanks, ik can look back at my other projects to see how the data got from the game to the arduino (because someone helped me also with the start of the project)

For sending data between PC and Arduino, CSV (comma separated values) terminated by a newline is useful format that can handle multiple fields and data types in text format.
Check out my tutorial on reading and parsing GPS data for a detailed example

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.