Sketch gets stuck uploading at same point when compiling

I am having trouble uploading any sketch’s I make or get from the internet. I notice that when I upload the sketch and the file is compiling, it gets stuck at the same point regardless if its a sketch I make or a pre-built one with the Arduino.

The last line it gets to is,

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cwiring -PCOM3 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\erich\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_741524/MPU.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.42.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf”

Using Port : COM3
Using Programmer : wiring
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I’m curious if its as simple as updating something or if I created an error when uninstalling the program and reinstalling at different times throughout the year.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Look at the programmer. It says wiring. Is this correct? If not chose the correct one fromthe tools menu.

Using Port : COM3
Using Programmer : wiring
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
An error occurred while uploading the sketch