Sketch libraries for Opta

How do you load a sketch library for the Opta using the PLC IDE?

Hello @turbotyson

Navigate to the resources tab and open the Sketch > Libraries window

Then click the Add button and insert the library name and needed version.

The arduino-cli will try to download the library that you wrote, in case of not finding it, it will not be added and shown on the "Output" terminal.

Is it possible to use own/custom libraries as references here somehow? Or is it only the ones that are external/through the package manager?

Right now it is not possible.

Only the ones available through the library manager, yes.

Where can I see them? List somewhere?

@Jrokgotland on the library manager

Hi @PMarquinez I tried to add the ArduinoIoTCloud library but it's not working.
Is this library supported?

Hi, everybody based on my past experiences, in case if you are unable to compile the "sketch" part in the PLC IDE its good practice to try older versions of used libraries. For example, I was able to use the ArduinoJSON library but only with version 6.21.0 and non of the higher versions compiled.
Please suggest anything if you have other solutions.

Hi all, just for a little more assistance, I've found that in the folder C:\Users[user]\AppData\Local\T\A on my machine, there is a file library_index.json. In that file is a complete list of the available libraries and versions that you can use in the PLC IDE sketch library designation. It seems that the PLC IDE uses those links to then download the library you choose. For a given library, i just choose the latest version available in that file and it'll grab it without any worries. This isn't always the latest available in the Arduino IDE. Interested to hear if this works for others too.