Smoke detector

hello guys I am making a smoke detector. So far, I have selected CJMCU 4514 sensor and arduino as a microcontroller. I want to know if I measure carbon monoxide gas using this sensor, it would be fine or do I need to measure other gases as well. Also, how to not let it detect/alarm if someone smoking a cigarette.
I appreciate your suggestions.

Did you see the warning in the data sheet about cigarette smoke?

Paul

I have not seen it in the datasheet. Actually I want to detect
1: Cigarette smoke
2: Kitchen smoke
3: Short circuit smoke

I just want to confirm that if I can detect these with this sensor. I just want detection, no values whatsoever. Since these smoke change carbon monoxide in air, and the sensor cjmcu 4514 is capable of detecting CO in ppm, I think I can use this sensor for this purpose. If anyone has used this sensor before, kindly give suggestions since it is hard nowadays to order components, so I want to be sure before ordering it to save time.

Regards,

Workaholic:

Smoke != CO. Smoke is very fine suspended particles in air, CO is a colourless, odourless gas. Neither are necessarily produced through fire.

You may be able to detect the presence of a burning cigarette through the copious amounts of CO its poor low temperature combustion produces.

You're very much less likely to detect a kitchen fire, which burns a lot better in general and should not produce much CO.

Smoke from a short circuit is a very different case as there is not necessarily fire involved (at least not in the early stages) so you'll mostly get decomposition products from the plastic of the wire's insulation.

If you want to detect smoke, get a smoke detector. If you want to detect CO, the sensor you're looking at will likely do the job.

Workaholic:

I just want to confirm that if I can detect these with this sensor. I just want detection, no values whatsoever. Since these smoke change carbon monoxide in air, and the sensor cjmcu 4514 is capable of detecting CO in ppm, I think I can use this sensor for this purpose. If anyone has used this sensor before, kindly give suggestions since it is hard nowadays to order components, so I want to be sure before ordering it to save time.

Regards,

Well, then read the data sheet. It warns about poisoning the sensor with cigarette smoke.

Paul