SoftwareSerial file util/delay_basic.h not found

Using Arduino IoT Cloud Create Editor to build a script for an Arduino Nano RP2040 Connect using the SoftwareSerial library:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(8,9);

setup()
{
mySerial.begin(9600);
}

One of the compilation messages:
Using libary dabble_1_5_2 at version 1.5.2 in folder: /home/builder/opt/libraries/latest/dabble_1_5_2

Compile process terminated with the following error:
/home/builder/opt/libraries/latest/dabble_1_5_2/src/SoftwareSerial.cpp: 45:10: fatal error:
util/delay_basic.h No such file or directory.
#include <util/delay_basic.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1

Why do you need software serial on the rp2040. I do not believe it is supported. The nano rp 2040 is a native usb device, and you use can RX/TX with Serial1 as a second hardware serial port.

Thank you. It was just to try after I was not successful in using Serial1 or Serial2. Please see my other topic from today. ( Serial2 Nano RP2040 in IoT Cloud Editor not working - Using Arduino / Microcontrollers - Arduino Forum)

I suggest you abandon this thread and go back to the other one, and post your code.

As you can see/check, I closed my other post. I solved it.
However the error mentioned in this thread is an error in the library over which I have no control because it is in the Cloud system.

An error that you would only encounter if using software instead of hardware serial. Almost "everyone" uses secondary hardware serial ports without any problems whatsoever, so it would behoove you to use this more appropriate method instead. See reply #2. Please explain what problems you had with it. I've never noticed any difference at all between those and the default serial port.

As I suggested, the solution really is in the other topic. So closing it wasn't a great idea. But it can be continued here.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.