Soldering Wires to Nano

Is it alright to solder wires directly to the pins of an arduino nano?

I don't think so

If you mean the PCB pads, Yes.

But you might want to look into making (crimp) up Dupont cables.

Be sure to use stranded wire and leaded solder to avoid breaking the wires very quickly!

As long as it is for something fixed (such as putting in a cabinet), that is, not doing tests and removing again and then welding again, there is no problem.
Let's see, what is the difference between soldering a cable or a terminal?
Just be careful to avoid short circuits.

Regards

Yes, it is fine, assuming you know how to solder. That's how the board was built.

You can solder, but it makes it harder to change wiring or replace the Nano if it fails. Dupont jumpers (or other cables) are usually a better idea for this reason.

1 Like

Do you mean leaded solder?

Yes, lead-free solder is so hard that wire will quickly break at the point where the solder and wire first come in contact. Leaded solder will bend a bit as the wire moves.

Not so easy to get now and incompatible with modern solder.

Why solder to the pins? Don't install the pins. Just put the wires inside the pin mounting holes and solder those.

I'm afraid not

Welcome to the forum. It's difficult to see which post you are replying to, since you did not quote any post, or elaborate in your reply.

Totally compatible with lead-free solder. When I need to remove a component that has lead-free solder, I melt leaded solder into the lead-free to lower the melting point and then suck up or wick up both solders.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.