SOLVED: 28BYJ-48 motor coupler

Hello all. I am working on a project, and my partner decided to modify the design last minute, which means that more force is required to turn a wheel thing. I am driving it using a 5V stepper motor - well, I am no longer driving it. Problem is, the axle is not aligned correctly, so the entire mechanism must make a huge amount of flex in order to spin. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this fatal flaw?

Thanks

EDIT: SOLVED.
The problem was I could not determine how to connect the 28BYJ-48 to anything else. The solution is a 5mm shaft couple from adafruit. I did not realize the flattened circle shape of the motor was designed to be inserted into a circular shaft coupler and held in place by a set screw.

1 Like

Not without a diagram illustrating the problem.

And how about a useful title so people know what you want help with?

...R

Robin2:
Not without a diagram illustrating the problem.

And how about a useful title so people know what you want help with?

...R

Sorry, let me see if I can get a quick illustration.

Pls add some more information about the components which are in use (stepper, driver, power supply) along with the schematics

Nevermind. I have come to a solution. Sorry for bothering you all in my irate ignorance earlier.

If you give the Thread a proper title and explain how you solved the problem it could help other readers.

This is intended to be a 2-way Forum.

...R

Robin2:
If you give the Thread a proper title and explain how you solved the problem it could help other readers.

This is intended to be a 2-way Forum.

...R

The problem was simply utter frustration and desperate posting for an arbitrary problem. I posted it inconsideratly due to a simple and stupid mistake, and I would delete it if possible. Again, my apologies.

tyler_newcomb:
The problem was simply utter frustration and desperate posting for an arbitrary problem. I posted it inconsideratly due to a simple and stupid mistake, and I would delete it if possible. Again, my apologies.

You are not the first and you won't be the last frustrated programmer. That's why I think you should share the details.

...R