[Solved]5V Relay Not Working Properly

Hi, I Am Making A NodeMcu Blynk Home Automation Project. I’m Using An Nodemcu 0.9 And 4 Channel 5V Relay Module. I’m Powering My NodeMcu With A Prototyping Power Supply’s 5V Pins. I Am Powering My Power Supply With A 12V 1Amp DC Adapter. My Schematics Are As Follows:

D1(Of NodeMcu) To IN1(Of Relay)
D2(Of NodeMcu) To IN2(Of Relay)
D3(Of NodeMcu) To IN3(Of Relay)
D4(Of NodeMcu) To IN4(Of Relay)
3.3V(Of NodeMcu) To VCC(Of Relay)
GND(Of NodeMcu) To GND(Of Power Supply)
5V(Of Power Supply) To JD-VCC(Of Relay)
GND(Of Power Supply) To GND(Of Relay)

You Don’t Need My Code As The Problem Is Not Related To Code and I’ve Also Checked It Several Times.

My Problem Is That After Powering The Relay, Whenever I Low Its Pins, It Should Make A ‘Click’ Sound And Complete The Circuit But After I Turn All 4 Switches On The LEDs On Relay Light Up, Don’t Make The ‘Click’ Sound And Doesn’t Complete The Circuit.

The Relay I Turn On First Makes The ‘Click’ Sound And Completes The Circuit And Others Don’t. The LED On The Power Supply Also Gets Dimmer As I Turn Low The Relays.

Following Are The Pictures Of My Components:

Power Supply

NodeMcu 0.9

4 Channel 5V Relay Module

Can Anyone Tell Me What’s The Problem? Is It With Power Supply? If Yes, Then What?
Thanks.

You Don't Need My Code As The Problem Is Not Related To Code and I've Also Checked It Several Times.

That is a very brave statement to make

No code && no schematic = little chance of any constructive help

I do note, however, that the relay module is described as a "5V Relay module"
What voltage do the NodeMcu pins output ?

Why All The Capital Letters In Your Post ?

UKHeliBob:

Or to give the game away, the "Vcc" on the relay module must connect to 5 V, not 3.3 V as the green LED and the optocoupler are in series and require more than 3.3 V to operate. With Vcc connected to 5 V and the respective "IN" pulled LOW, it will operate. When "IN" is HIGH at 3.3 V, the LED and optocoupler see only 1.7 V and will not conduct.

Oh, and that breadboard power supply is useless. :roll_eyes:

You need a regulated 5 V supply. Use a "phone charger" with a USB output of at least 1 A.

UKHeliBob:
That is a very brave statement to make

No code && no schematic = little chance of any constructive help

I do note, however, that the relay module is described as a "5V Relay module"

Why All The Capital Letters In Your Post ?

I was sure about the code as I knew that it was a hardware related problem.
I gave the schematic by writing connections.
The output is 3.3V.
Everything is in capital because I like text in capital. ???

Paul__B:
Or to give the game away, the "Vcc" on the relay module must connect to 5 V, not 3.3 V as the green LED and the optocoupler are in series and require more than 3.3 V to operate. With Vcc connected to 5 V and the respective "IN" pulled LOW, it will operate. When "IN" is HIGH at 3.3 V, the LED and optocoupler see only 1.7 V and will not conduct.

Paul__B:
Oh, and that breadboard power supply is useless. :roll_eyes:

You need a regulated 5 V supply. Use a "phone charger" with a USB output of at least 1 A.

Thanks For Help It Worked :slight_smile: