Hey guys, I would like to make just a button and when you press it it makes sh-h-h sound. I would like it to be really loud. So the question is what do I need for it?
Do i need to buy Adafruit Wave Shield for Arduino Kit for it?
Speaker, memory card, some wires and that's it?
Good guess! I want that for my son! BTW, I recommend this hardware instead of wave shield:
As you can see, the wave shield looks crude and has a product number of 94, must be leftovers from early years of adafruit industry. The wave shield will cost lots of resources (program space ram time) on arduino while the other module takes care of this all by itself. You can even just use that mudule and hook up a button to it. It will then only play one type of ssshhhh sound though.
No problem. One of my clients is using this module. I have no first-hand experience but he likes it and wrote code to use it. I was just helping him with circuit boards design but I had plenty of reading on the module myself. It's good stuff.
Pauly's list is pretty much it! I guess a resistor of 330 ohm in series with the speaker or other values will protect the output of the module but have a look at the tutorial. As I said, you can even do this without the arduino. Hook the button to one of the sound module's input lines and push. It will trigger a file on the SD card to be played. I don't know the details (what file names you need to name your files to play on which trigger input pin). I suppose it's obvious once you get the module.