Stacking ethernet and Xbee shields - side effects?

I'm thinking of setting up a network of two Arduinos talking to each other using Xbee, and one of them communicating with the interwebs with the ethernet shield.

This means that one of them would have an ethernet shield stacked on top of the Xbee shield (or the other way around).

I can think of potentially negative side effects with this setup: RF interference, too high current drawn from the power supply.

Has anybody tried this before?

i am doing the same thing now, i need my arduino to be connected to the internet and it has to communicate with another arduiano, so i need to combine both shields exactly as you did, so if you can tell me if it worked with you or no
Thank you so much

I haven't started this project yet, but I decided to not use the Xbee because it's kind of expensive. In stead, I'll probably use an Arduino Ethernet Shield and the 434 MHz RF Link transmitter/receivers from Sparkfun.

Don't both shields by default connect to the 0 and 1 pin?

I was using a Bluetooth card and had to disconnect it when i programed the Arduino. Have you found away around that? Was I just doing it wrong?

The IDE uses pins 0 & 1 to upload the compiled sketch to the board. Once that has completed and the sketch is running, you should be able to have your way with those pins.

But keep in mind that the Serial library uses pins 0 & 1 so if you are using Serial.* in your sketch, then other shields should not and may have conflicts.

In practice, I avoid using pins 0 & 1 for digital I/O because I almost always want to have Serial calls available for debugging.