StarSimulation - SH1106 I2C OLED - Animation

I was inspired by past versions of MicroSoft Windows screen savers of the Starfield Simulation. Please feel free to modify and share this code for any 128x64 LCD or OLED. StarSimulation sketch was written for use with I2C SH1106. This code must be modified to work with other display devices. This code was written with (50) stars and may use up to (200) stars with an UNO R3. It continuously makes new stars and will infinitely as long as it has a power source.

See code in action at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_1aQGY9tis

StarSimulation.ino (3.21 KB)

Pretty cool! All the OLEDs I've used seem to update the screen in segments. Fullscreen animations always have had very visible tearing every 16 pixels for me. I guess it depends what library you're using!

To me, it reads as a bunch of particles being slung in random directions at various speeds. I think the reason for this is due to the lack of scale. Stars that are moving faster should be larger. Also, the star should start moving slowly and speed up, as it moves closer to the edge of the screen

Just came across your post.

This is a great little piece of code and just what I was looking for as a screensaver.

Much appreciated, cheers Alan