Suitable motors for Vending Machine project

Hi everyone,

This is my first project that I want to achieve during summer. I have done some researches about Vending Machine project and bought most of the components except for motors because continuous servo motors are a little expensive and I accidentally bought the sg90 servo motors that can only rotate 180 degrees. I also looked for way to mod these motors but unsuccessful due to different mechanical design of the motors. For some reasons, I have feeling that continuous servo motors are not the best way to go with. Therefore, I want to ask if any ones have any experiences with this project and know which are the best motors to buy to accomplish this project?

Any helps would be appreciated.

Typically a geared motor with a limit switch that gets tripped once per revolution.

Basic Cycle,
ignore limit switch, power motor, monitor limit switch, turn off motor when limit detected.

What do those motors have to do, exactly?

Slumpert:
Typically a geared motor with a limit switch that gets tripped once per revolution.

Basic Cycle,
ignore limit switch, power motor, monitor limit switch, turn off motor when limit detected.

Thank you for your suggestion. Do you have any pictures or links of that type of motors that I could have a look at?

wvmarle:
What do those motors have to do, exactly?

Hi,

Those motors are for rotating helical coils to push the item out once the user select the item that they want by pressing buttons on the machine.

That's best done with a limit switch setup indeed. A single rotation of the screw moves out an item. That switch can be mechanical, can be a magnet, can be optical even. Many options for such a limit switch.

Just a regular geared down DC motor (do a Google search), find one that has the torque you need to move your stuff at least twice over. That's going to be the cheapest and easiest solution.

maxkeeblehcm:
Thank you for your suggestion. Do you have any pictures or links of that type of motors that I could have a look at?

Hi,

Those motors are for rotating helical coils to push the item out once the user select the item that they want by pressing buttons on the machine.

Check Ebay or Amazon.

This is a small one and (for future reference) there are some with a built in encoder.
Other much larger just look for dc gear motor.

Yes, something like that I was thinking of.
They come in all sizes and shapes, different speeds, different torque. An encoder is not really useful in this application.