Vending Machine Motors

Hello,

I am a beginner with arduino, and I am building a small vending machine.

The machine will have three different slots to hold the cans. A motor will be placed on each slot, and each one will be controlled by their own push button switch to dispense.

I wanted insight on which motors I need to dispense the drinks. Would three 180 deg. servos work best or a three stepper motors.

It seems more simple to use the servos for the arduino, but would stepper motors work better?
What parts do I need to run three stepper motors if so?

Thanks for the help.

jbennett4:
Hello,

I am a beginner with arduino, and I am building a small vending machine.

The machine will have three different slots to hold the cans. A motor will be placed on each slot, and each one will be controlled by their own push button switch to dispense.

I wanted insight on which motors I need to dispense the drinks. Would three 180 deg. servos work best or a three stepper motors.

It seems more simple to use the servos for the arduino, but would stepper motors work better?
What parts do I need to run three stepper motors if so?

Thanks for the help.

If you have not already built the vending machine, then stack the cans so gravity will roll one out when a solenoid pulls down the stopper.

Paul

first figure out how the machine will vend the cans... then decide on the motors and components... try designing or doing some research.

examples:

img]https://img.russianpatents.com/1151/11519040-o.jpg[/img]

This cleared a lot of questions I had. I couldn't solidify an idea of how to dispense a can without holding the other cans back. Bad research on my part.

I'll keep it simple and use servo motors.

Thanks