Syntax for File transfer via FTP

Hi, I would like to know what the syntax is to upload a file from an SD card, using the wifi shield to a webpage, via FTP.

Thank you

Just look at the protocol spec:
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc959.txt

Thank you

If you mean the Arduino WiFi shield, it won't work with FTP. It can't open the command and data channel at the same time.

SurferTim: If you mean the Arduino WiFi shield, it won't work with FTP. It can't open the command and data channel at the same time.

What other option could I use to transfer real-time dataloggin values to the cloud.

If you want to use FTP, then the ethernet shield will work. I use the ethernet shield with a wireless router as the wifi client.

Thank you. 1. Could you suggest a good wireless router to use with Ethernet shield 2. I already have Wifi shield. Is there anyway I could use that and connect to cloud? or isn't it strong enough to transfer data?

If you have an Arduino WiFi shield, it can't open two sockets simultaneously. That prevents it from opening the data channel while the command channel is open.

I use MikroTik routers, but that option is not cheap. They have some new routers that are less than $100, but I haven't tried them yet. Mine was significantly over $100 with the radio and antenna.

There may be other wireless devices that can use FTP (like the enc28j60 esp8266 or the cc3000), but I haven't tried them.

I googled a bit more and I have now managed to transfer data using wifi shield to google docs,using pushing box.com. The data is being updated on google docs…but it is only

&status&

and not actual values…
Could I get help with that please.
I have attached the google forms spreadsheet

The first value is response I entered to get the URL of the submit response page.

wifi real time datalogging.pdf (31.8 KB)