TFT SSD1289 vs CTE32HR fliped and shifted

Hi guys, I got my first Arduino mega with TFT display.
The tutorial I was following is here

as the guy set I bought the stuff arduino mega, shield, TFT from aliexpress

I used the example from offline arduino app named UTFT_Demo_400x240
and when I use this
UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289,38,39,40,41); the display is blank and nothing happened

then just by accident tried this
UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41); and its working but the display is flipped and shifted.
I have read here the threads of fliped TFT but did not find an answer.
How could be CTE32HR working and the type which I suppose to use SSD1289 NOT?
How to fix the flip?

Could someone help?

Post a link to the actual AliExpress sale. Compare all photos on the link to the screen on your desk.

Either describe the differences in the photos or post a photo of the actual pcb on your desk.

It is extremely unlikely that you have SSD1289. Ebay / AliExpress often lie. You should always compare with the item on your desk.

David.

Thank you for answer here is the photos and the links

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TFT-3-2-Inch-MEGA-Touch-LCD-Expansion-Board-Shield-IC-Partial-Pressure-for-arduino-Compatible/32340683681.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6bdb4c4diozKFj

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-3-2-inch-240x320-TFT-LCD-module-Display-with-touch-panel-SD-card/32332099430.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6bdb4c4diozKFj

the link for arduino mega dont have it was ordering my friend. But anyway I would not much care about the type as you say it might be just the UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41); specially if it works.

Whats bigger problem the flipping...

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

Ah-ha. Fourth time lucky !!! The PCB JPG clearly shows TFT_320QVT_9341

Use the 40-pin adapter in the first JPG. UTFT library with model ILI9341_16 in the constructor.

Since you have a 16-bit ILI9341 there is little point in using the gobbledygook model names.

Hey-ho, UTFT users like to use gobbledygook. And then wonder why the screen is the wrong size, colour, direction, ...

David.

Hey man! I love you its working :slight_smile: yes its ILI9341_16 thank you very much Iam going to play with it now thank you again.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am pleased that you have it working.

Providing the JPGs of your Adapter and your Display PCB makes all the difference to "solution in one reply".

Yes, it takes a few minutes to prepare your question. The reward is worth your time.
It takes much longer when there are several messages back and forth until readers get the information.
Your thread has worked well. Sometimes threads continue for days and weeks.

David.