two 24v dc motors

Is it possible to control two 24v dc motors with arduino uno? I am not just turning on and off I also need to control speed of them as well (I guess by inputing variable voltage to the motors.I am trying to control 2 motors used in an arm robot designed by hine..
Thanks.

Yes, there are many solutions for this.
Often people get a motor driver that suites the current demands of their motors.
You would need to know the current demands of your motors.
Can you post a link to the specs for those motors?

Often, when controlling motors for robot arms, you need position information so you know when to stop the motors. Are you taking that into account?

There are 2 Potentiometers connected with gears to the motors. I was planning to control the motors by reading the values from potentiameters. The motors are 24v each but don't exactly know the current ratings of them.They are FAULHABER 2842S024C and I have contacted the manufacture to sede if they have the specs.

There is this Qunqi L298N Motor Drive Controller Board Module Dual H Bridge DC Stepper For Arduino on amazon which I was planning to buy and use to control the two motors. Do you think there are any better options?
Thanks.

I just used a multimeter and connected the wires of motor and read 240 ohms for the motor. so if the motor is rated 24v does it mean I need 0.1 amp and 24v?

quick google gave me this: http://www.me.mtu.edu/~wjendres/ProductRealization1Course/Motor_Specs.pdf

at that current rating I would consider something like this: Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver for DC or Steppers - 600mA - L293D : ID 807 : $4.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Thank you. But do i really need to be worried about current of my dc motors or just the voltage?

You must take into account both normal full running voltage, full load current and stall current.

the way I understand it (please, someone correct me if i'm wrong!) is that the voltage is decided by your power source, which you choose based on the ratings of your motor. the motor will draw current (in a perfect no load situation) equal to the proportion of voltage (supplied) to resistance (in the windings). Under load the current draw will increase, and at stall it will be quite high. in choosing a motor driver you should know the voltage of your power source and the subsequent current draw of your motor, then choose one that's rated appropriately. obviously you could change your choice of voltage (if the motor allows) to fit a particular motor driver's specs, but you have to re-calculate your current draw and be sure you're still within the amperage rating of the driver at that lower voltage (if voltage goes down and resistance stays the same, current will go up).

I hope that's not too convoluted.. :confused: it's how I think of it anyways..

Using your simplified understanding V=IR
So, if V is reduced and R remains constant, it follows that I must also reduce

Motor speed is proportional to voltage so a reduction in voltage will reduce speed. Stall current at reduced voltage will be lower than stall current at rated voltage. Therefore if you have correctly specified the motor driver system for rated voltage and stall current, the driver will be suitable for a reduced voltage drive (via PWM)