ULN2003A and 7 segment display (common anode)

I finaly bought some material for my arduino projects and I have questions - again.

I have four 7 segment LED displays with common anode that I want to control (each segment needs 2V to work). And ULN2003A (here is a link to the datasheet: ULN2003AN Datasheet pdf - High-Voltage, High-Current Darlington Transistor Arrays - Texas Instruments ). Now I am having trouble connecting this thing. For some reasons it allways works like it should ::slight_smile: .

I only tested it with one segment because it is realy late here and I need to go to bed. Here is my wiring:
pin 1 on ULN to arduino pin 2
pin 8 -> GND
pin 16 -> segment on LED display
+5V from arduino to common anode pin on the display (with 100ohm resistor).

Is this correct? I get 2V on the segment and I can control the segment like a normal LED. The main question - will this stop working if there are more segments active at one time?

Is this correct?

Nope: you need a resistor on each segment, between it and the sink driver. With a single resistor, as you light up more segments, they'll get dimmer and dimmer because they share the (roughly constant) limited current.

Yep! It worked for one segment but not for more.

Another question - what do I do if I want to control common cathode display with external power supply (displaty needs 7V to work)?