Uno Wifi Rev2 is not an Uno

I am not very happy with this board, the Wifi just seems to be a hardware hack, not something I'd expect from an all-in-one board. Hardware SPI is lost in order to service the Wifi unit (I was suspicious about the SPI lib being needed in all WifiNINA examples).
It would not be so bad if this wasn't being glossed over or explained the product docs are pretty sparse.
I've wasted time trying to figure out why replacing an Uno with another "Uno" didn't work.
The only reason I am not returning this board is that I got it to work with software SPI. I was hoping for more, this isn't a cheap board and it's not worth the money.

I agree. It should be a big warning: Uno WiFi Rev 2 is not Uno. The MCU is AVR, but a different AVR architecture then ATmega on other Arduinos

SPI is a bus. you can connect more devices to one SPI interface. what did you try to connect?

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Uno WiFi Rev2. I do agree that the name is a bit misleading. The brand new boards tend to not be quite as well supported (e.g. documentation, community familiarity, 3rd party libraries) as the more established boards, which have had many years to accumulate such an excellent level of support. To me, the shiny new stuff is best suited for the adventurous trailblazers looking for a challenge and an opportunity to make significant contributions to the Arduino project. For someone who just wants things to work right away with the minimum of complexity, the older boards may be a better choice.

rs1962:
the product docs are pretty sparse.

If you have any specific issues or suggestions for improvement of the documentation, I will see what I can do about getting them resolved.

Hardware SPI is lost in order to service the Wifi unit

Hardware SPI should still work. The way I read the code and schematic, while SPI is now shared with the WiFi and IMU, each of those has a dedicate chip select pin, so it should not interfere with other SPI devices connected via the "ISP" connector. (it's not on pin 13/12/11 any more. Although, there's an option at chip-level to move it there, if you don't need the on-board SPI peripherals.)

The brand new boards tend to not be quite as well supported as the more established boards, which have had many years to accumulate such an excellent level of support.
what did you try to connect?

Indeed. In order to improve the support, "we" need more details on the actual problem...

clemmi:
I have problem too with a MAX72XX led panel (4 units). Where do I need to connect the CLK/DIN/CS on the UNO WiFi? I tried many combinations and nothing works. The sketch works fine with MKH1000, uno and nano.

Please don't cross post.

Duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes writing a detailed answer on this thread, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other thread.

In the future, take some time to pick the forum section that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum section. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum section. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.