Upload error with UNO R3 + WiFi ATmega328P+ESP8266 (32Mb memory) USB-TTL CH340G

Hi,

I recently bought this board: UNO R3 + WiFi ATmega328P+ESP8266 (32Mb memory) USB-TTL CH340G for Arduino Uno NodeMCU WeMos ESP8266

Unfortunatly I cant upload my sketch (for testing it is the blink sketch) to the board and have no idea whats the reason.

I updated CH340 driver and the board gets his com port.

I also checked with my arduino uno which works perfectly.

My arduino nano clone also works with CH340 but I have to chose the Atmega 328p old bootloader.
With the new board I chose Arduino Uno board and I can not selct Atmega 328p old bootloader.

I am running Win 7 64 bit.

Here is the IDE message:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Using Port : COM11
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x25

avrdude done.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

check the DIP switches
https://robotdyn.com/uno-wifi-r3-atmega328p-esp8266-32mb-flash-usb-ttl-ch340g-micro-usb.html#description

HI,
thank you. It were the dips!

hi guys, I bought the same "UNO R3 + WiFi ATmega328P+ESP8266 (32Mb memory) USB-TTL CH340G for Arduino Uno NodeMCU WeMos ESP8266 " board

I can upload to ESP module with DIP 1-4 OFF, 5-7 ON and 8 OFF
but I can't upload to UNO module with DIP 1-2 OFF, 3-4 ON and rest OFF

I choose as board the "Arduino/Genuino Uno"
I downloadet the CH340 driver and as I wrote, the ESP module is working fine with sketch uploading.

I just can't get the sketch to upload on the UNO..

Hope somebody have a clue for me

I'm using Arduino IDE 1.8.9 on Windows 10 (Lenovo T460)

TroelsDK:
hi guys, I bought the same "UNO R3 + WiFi ATmega328P+ESP8266 (32Mb memory) USB-TTL CH340G for Arduino Uno NodeMCU WeMos ESP8266 " board

I can upload to ESP module with DIP 1-4 OFF, 5-7 ON and 8 OFF
but I can't upload to UNO module with DIP 1-2 OFF, 3-4 ON and rest OFF

I choose as board the "Arduino/Genuino Uno"
I downloadet the CH340 driver and as I wrote, the ESP module is working fine with sketch uploading.

I just can't get the sketch to upload on the UNO..

Hope somebody have a clue for me

I'm using Arduino IDE 1.8.9 on Windows 10 (Lenovo T460)

copy the error messages here

thank you for the reply and attention Juraj

I bought 3 of them from one AliExpress seller and 2 from another AliExpress seller
it looks like the batch of 3, all have the same behavior.

** The moment I used the first from the batch of 2, IT WORKED!! **
perhabs the bad batch is missing serial bootloader on the UNO module..
I will have try to google how to put on bootloader from another working module.

for the record, the bad board compiles fine and the IDE writes "uploading" and waits for 30-60 seconds then times out with following error:

Sketch uses 6802 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 473 bytes (23%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1575 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x74

HaPeWe:
HI,
thank you. It were the dips!

HaPeWe, can you share the final DIP settings you used which worked? Thanks