Using a arduino as a IGBT driver

Hello all!

I want to use a arduino to drive a full bridge of igbts but I have some questions on how to do that. What I need is for the arduino to ouput a PWM signal with a 50% duty cycle with a frequency determined by simple feedback from the primary circiut on the ouput of the full. bridge (thi sis a simple LC circiut

Interesting Idea however it is a bit short on information. What is a a full bridge of ligbts (is it IGBTs), I am not familiar with the term. What is the current? What voltage are you using, DC I assume. If AC it makes a big difference. Do you have a partial schematic, your terms are telling me you are powering off of the mains. I think you were going to add it but it got cut off. Why an IGBT? Some of the advantages of using the Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor over other types of transistor devices are its high voltage capability, low ON-resistance, ease of drive, relatively fast switching speeds. This combined with zero gate drive current makes it a good choice for moderate speed, high voltage applications such as in pulse-width modulated (PWM), variable speed control, switch-mode power supplies or solar powered DC-AC inverter and frequency converter applications operating in the hundreds of kilohertz range.

A full bridge is another name for an H-bridge, usually (it could be a 3-phase bridge I suppose).

Use gate driver chip(s) for this. For instance an HIP4081A will drive a complete H-bridge, and
there are many half-H-bridge (a.k.a high-low driver) gate drivers.

What voltage is the bridge running at?

A half-H-bridge is not a bridge, but simply a push-pull (totem-pole) power ampifier. Two of those form a bridge, the "H" in "H-bridge" is redundant and unnecessary.

Hello, MarkT the reason I wanted to use a arduino is I could add more features and I wouldn’t have to design a proper pcb for it. It’s looking like o should just make a proper circuit out of standard ic’s for this however.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.