WATER FLOW RATE SENSOR YF-S201 _ ARDUINO NANO EVERY

Dear all,

I am trying to connect the water flow sensor, as you see in the photos attached, with my arduino nano every . My aim is to calculate the water flow rate in liters per minutes by passing water from the sensor but i’m having several problems connecting the cables between the sensor and the arduino nano every because following several tutorials I noticed that the arduino hardware used is almost always the UNO model and I would like to understand if using another type of arduino (ARDUINO NANO EVERY) creates problems or i only have to connect the system differently.

I connect the system by placing the black cable to the GND port, the red cable to the 5V port and the yellow cable to the digital port D2, I do not find any signal on the serial monitor of my arduino sketch.

As you see in the photo i only use these material for this project.

Sorry but I have just started to approach this sector and I would be very grateful if someone was able to help me in this project.
Thank you so much!!

Francesco

I noticed that the arduino hardware used is almost always the UNO model and I would like to understand if using another type of arduino (ARDUINO NANO EVERY) creates problems or i only have to connect the system differently.

That depends on the code you're using. If you use a special feature of a pin (p.e. interrupt input) you may need to use another pin if you use another Arduino model.
As you use D2 to connect the wire (D2 is a interrupt input pin on the UNO) you may have to adapt the sketch because on the UNO this is interrupt 0 but on the Nano every it's 2 (as every digital pin can generate an interrupt).

This would go much better if you would post your code. You may also want to read this link.

Arduino Interrupts Tutorial with Example Interrupt Demonstration.

Ron