I have the WAVGAT problem as well.
(1) I downloaded file from CH341 (the manufacturer) site, but could not follow the step
Paste content to the following path on your computer...
(2) I manually transferred the files to Arduino Library folder. I was hesitant too, to fiddle with administrator function for a clone board.
(3) During my hit or miss attempts, I was successful, when I selected (Tools>Board>Arduino Dumilanove or Diecemila).
(4) The board uses two 12 mHz crystals. When I run blink (without delay function), the cycle time is about eight seconds instead of twp seconds.
(5) Another problem is that the analogRead function behave abnormally. The value spans 1500-1600(more than 1023, and values keep on changing even in steady state.
(I am new in the field, and will have to experiment/compare with my other Arduino boards)