when you dont have female headers

When you dont have female headers to connect to your arduino male pins but you really need to get something done on time, what do you do?

Either solder wires to the top of the pins above the printed circuit board or remove the male pins and replace with wires (I have found you can unsolder the male pins one at a time while pulling with long-nose pliers).

Use 'Female to Male' hook-up wires rather than 'Male to Male',

get a low power soldering iron,

or, get some female headers?

Archibald:
Either solder wires to the top of the pins

It doesnt stick. The solder gets on the cable and creates a mold around the pin which comes right off…

ghosttrain:
It doesnt stick. The solder gets on the cable and creates a mold around the pin which comes right off...

You need to "tin" the pin first. That means get some solder to flow onto the pin. It may be necessary to scrape the pin to clean it before applying the solder.

Also, your description suggests that the pin is not getting hot enough.

...R

Okay, I'll try again :frowning:
It's a second Nano I got for experimenting so I'm not too worried to damage it while trying. Maybe the solder I have is just poor quality. Temp was around 350C.

It is the joint that was not hot enough not the iron.

Maybe the solder I have is just poor quality.

You should be using solder with a flux core. If the solder has no core then do not be tempted to use external flux unless it is specifically designed for electronic circuits. All other types of flux are corrosive and will rot your wires.