why when using cables thicker than Dupont cables the servo fails

Hello friends how are you? I wanted to know if you can help me. I want to use thicker cables (they are from a pc atx source) for the power supply and for the signal in a servo motor, but the problem is that when using these cables the servo malfunctions. And it is not a problem of codes since if I use Dupont cables it works correctly

Wire is wire. If they aren't working then check your premises. Get the ohmmeter.

is that I precisely connect the cables in their respective place, problems or errors in the connection there are no

Your adamant contention is proven with the ohmmeter?

I have measured the resistance of both wires and they both give me 0.01 ohms

Servos have three wires.

Let's see some images.

I know dear friend! I use 3 cables from an atx source 2 for the power and 1 for the signal. When I use this type of cable the servo malfunctions and when I use Dupont cable it works fine. I measured the resistance across the source and duct canle leads and both gives 0.01ohms

Change out one wire at a time.
Assuming sound connection, barring intermittence -- continuity is either there or it is not.

Is the servo negative ( - ) wire also connected to the Arduino GND?

Trying to push them into breadboad?

gabrielnicolau:
Hello friends how are you? I wanted to know if you can help me. I want to use thicker cables (they are from a pc atx source) for the power supply and for the signal in a servo motor, but the problem is that when using these cables the servo malfunctions. And it is not a problem of codes since if I use Dupont cables it works correctly

Use a multimeter to check to see if you have electrical continuity between all the points that the two ends of the cable are meant to be connected to. The issue is most likely going to be an electrical continuity issue ----- which relates to the good comment made by AJL.

Hi,
Can you please post a picture of your project with DuPont wires and a picture with the malfunctioning wires?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

If the thicker wire allows the servo to pull more current from the supply, it is possible this is
causing the supply to droop, leading to the Arduino resetting. We need full details of all the
hardware to figure out in depth where the problem lies. There might also be an issue
of layout differing - this is why photos of a setup are often telling...

Hi,
Is this the project you are talking about?

Tom... :slight_smile:

Just to make sure I've read this correctly. The OP wants to push thicker wires into a breadboard so the OP can run servo motors. If that's the case I'd like to know where you got your breadboard from that it can handle servo current. I've found that yes, a servo can be ran off a breadboard, till it doesn't. When that time comes that it doesn't, the project does all sorts of crazy things.

What I am saying is that breadboards do not have good current capacity. So when the servo wants to draw 800mA, that's just not going to happen with the typical breadboard.

I try to allocate 1.2 Amps per 20Kg metal geared servo at 5V.

Could you show a picture of your setup?

OP has been asked for images several times, guess they march to a different drum :slightly_frowning_face:

TomGeorge:
Hola,
¿Puede publicar una imagen de su proyecto con cables DuPont y una imagen con cables defectuosos?

Gracias .. Tom

si amigo

We already know what Dupont wires and ATX wires look like. That is not the point. We'd like to see photos of how you're using them.

Definitely need to provide more details about how these wires are connected ------ ie. connected to where, and how?

You show the ATX kind of wire, with bare ends on them ..... not connected to connectors ----- and not sure whether they're soldered to make them solid, and nobody knows how you connected those ends to where-ever they got connected. So basically - at the moment ----- a lack of details.