Wind turbine charge controller prototype/shield

If anything I am suggesting itches anyone, yeah, just please let me know. :slight_smile:

This project has attracted a group of its own. Go here to find the people in cooperation:

Are you still working on this project? I have built a wind generator and was interested in what others have done to control it with an arduino.

I am looking at something similar, but to include MPPT from both solar and wind. I say wind, because aI am sure that there is a best-power speed for the turbine at any particular wind speed. As I don't have a wind tunnel, that will take quite a bit of tuning. The plan is to maximise that acquired power from both the PV and turbine (1kW possible from each), charge batteries, and when excess power is available, dump power to a water heater when the output voltage exceeds 27.5V (24/28V battery electrics). Power dump will go from zero to 1kW progressively over the next 1V, into a 0.15 Ohm (or thereabouts) resistive heater. This will require 3 buck converters operating relatively independently, so I may use 3 separate Arduinos to drive them.