Windows 10 error uploading to board: can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system c

I have had an Arduino Uno for a couple of weeks and had been working fine until I switched from the ide available on the Microsoft store to the version from your website which appear to be identical. Since I made the switch whenever I try to upload to the board it errors and gives me. avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified. And if i try to change the port the menu is greyed out.

I am using Ardiuno IDE version 1.8.5 (from the arduino website) running Windows 10 (64x)

What’s happening in device manager when you connect/disconnect the board?

I just tried uploading on another computer and as soon as I press upload the driver becomes “hidden” and it errors.

The ports menu seems to be grey because the software cant detect the driver when it is “hidden” and the menu is grayed out because I don’t have any other ports on my laptop.

P.S screenshot taken when I tried to upload on my desktop original error occurred on a laptop.

And here’s the device status.

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

When i do reconnect it it will let me upload it but then the eject sound plays and the driver turns grey again. (Also the light labled L as well as the ON led turn off.)

During the state where no lights are glowing the arduino’s usb port heats up really fast.

Which USB port heats up? On the Nano or on the PC?

Some thoughts: 1) Is anything connected to the Nano; if so, disconnect everything and try again. 2) Is your Nano laying on conductive surface (this includes the black foam that it might have been shipped with)? 3) Are you powering from external power as well as from USB? 4) With one of your 'experiments', you might have damaged the Nano.

I have serious doubts that this is happening because you switched IDEs.

On the Uno Yes it is wired to a 16x2 lcd screen. No its powered by usb I have tried changing to another board