You need to explain your design, how;
• does the wire come is it on drums-Wires are in form of spool, we will make approx. 100 mtrs roll for demonstration, also if require I will make spool holding device.
It has to a manual feeding in to tubes for the first time, once the wire spool over, we have to feed once again.
• were you thinking of measuring the lengths- I want to build machine should cut for variable length. As mentioned earlier I want to make a project for maximum 20 mtrs length
• will the wire be fed into the cutter
• fast does the system have to operate : I want to make feeder with variable speed, slow and fast and respect to the same cutter motor timing, once feeder motor stop cutter motor start for cutting operation.
• will the wire be clamped in position during cutting, not necessary, because wire is so thin in dia (0.5mm to maximum 3mm thick). And also according to my design I will put cutter edge near edge of feeder tube approx. 5mm away.
• will you know the wire has been cut- yes, and after that feeder motor start functioning to feed another length. So we need to set delay for feeder motor, or I can use relay, once cutting done sensor stop the cutting motor at pre-defined position. I think so programming delay time is a best solution for each interval. I will interface sensor to stop machine once wire over for feeding.
• is the cut wire removed -just bellow I will keep a plastic container or a long tray for the collection of cut wire.
Will you use a PC to provide the interface to the Arduino e.g. to tell it what length you want cut, how many pieces and the wire dia?
Yes sir. And I would also like to make standalone type with display and commanding button like nos feeding, length size, and (Feeder Motor) m1 slow fast- controller.
Is it possible to give some guidance for what Arduino type, and Touch Screen type Coomanding boards are available to interface?
The mechanical aspects of this project are probably the difficult bit.-
Mechanical aspects I will handle. I have already made cutting device and now feeder mechanism roughly made. Final piece I will get by next Wednesday. Mean time I must ready with Arduino code and Circuit diagram. So once the Mechanical thing ready I will interface two motor connection, sensors, with Arduino.
You probably will not need much IO and the control logic should be relatively simple, but you should firm up the physical design first.
Also you should say what skills you and your son have. Have you done anything like this before are you good at building machines and working with electricity, do you have programming and electronics experience.- Mechanical thing I will handle. Programming is little difficult. I require your 100% help.
Please do suggest Arduino Board type with specific model number if any.
And also type of Motor for feeder Servo or Stepper.
For presentation I am going to utilize 12V 7 Ah, Lead Acid Battery.
There are sites on the internet that let you load pictures then you can post a link to them. The other thread posted a picture and it makes it a lot clearer to people what you are trying to do. Could you please send link so I will post Cutter and let you know to see.