Wiring 2 limit switches to 12v motor

I attached an image of the curcuit i am using. This is used to make a super servo for r/c projects and similiar builds. When you turn the knob on the controller the motor moves with it in real time. What i am trying to do is wire 2 limit switches. Both of which will stop the motor if it gets to far in either direction. I have an arduino uno board i can use if necessary. Any help would be phenomenal, thank you.

If your motor goes too far and trips a limit switch, how do you intend to make the motor move again?

Paul

Will the motor not turn in the other direction when the knob on the controller is turned? Or will the limit switch kill it completely? The motor is built to park at certain degrees, 90, 180, etc. Can i park it when it gets to far in either direction?

inventorofthefuture:
Will the motor not turn in the other direction when the knob on the controller is turned? Or will the limit switch kill it completely? The motor is built to park at certain degrees, 90, 180, etc. Can i park it when it gets to far in either direction?

I can understand your question when the devices are right there for you to test.

Paul

All i needed to know was if there was a way to stop my motor from going too far in either direction even if im turning the knob. I wasnt sure if i could use limit switches or use the park mode in the motor or even combine the two. I can test everything i just dont know what to wire up to test.

Your diagram shows only two wires going to the motor. Are there others you didn’t bother to identify?

Paul

Yes i apologize if that was crucial information. I attached an image of the motor diagram.