Wowsers! Free electricity!

Sign me up (when my brain stops functioning correctly)!

Shredding it for mulch seems like a better use of $20.

I believe in the power of crystal - or resonators - or internal oscillators - they make my projects magically work if wired up correctly ]:D

We don't know where the limitations are.

The laws of physics.

Pete

Free electricity is absolutely real! If it wasn't, how would you explain the extension cord I have plugged in to my neighbor's garage? $)

If anyone is up for buying into this scheme, I know a couple of Nigerian government ministers who would like to discuss a guaranteed money-making scheme with you.

el_supremo:

We don't know where the limitations are.

The laws of physics.

Pete

The [u]theory[/u] of physics! :)

Note that Newton [u]laws[/u] were superseded by the relativity [u]theory[/u] and quantum mechanics (QM). What we call laws are in fact (math) models describing [u]observations[/u] to a certain precision. And yes they (even newtons laws) do very well but still are models.

The "law" nothing can go faster than light in vacuum seems to be broken by entangled photons/electrons (a QM phenomenon) 20? years ago dark matter didn't exist as we had no observations. Today it (seems to) make up 80% of the visible universe.

A recent number of the Scientific American had an article about the size of the proton - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-proton-radius-puzzle/ - Such findings indicate "cracks / limits" of our knowledge and may open up new frontiers.

that said, even if free electricity would be possible there would always be a government to tax it.... :)

robtillaart: that said, even if free electricity would be possible there would always be a government to tax it.... :)

Everything else can be discussed whether it is true or false.... but this is true. I hope everyone agrees. Best regards Jantje

robtillaart: that said, even if free electricity would be possible there would always be a government to tax it.... :)

:grin: :grin: :grin: ;)

As dumb as the government is, I'd say that the Patent Office is one up on Kickstarter here :D But I wouldn't change a thing, hopefully something will be learned in the process when the backers stay away in droves.

patent office?

ever heard this story ? - http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn965-wheel-patented-in-australia.html#.U5HvNvmSySo -

Here it is http://www.tuv.com/media/germany/50_trainingandconsulting/pdf/patente/Circular_transportation_facilitation_device.pdf

robtillaart: patent office?

Yep, at least as dumb as any other branch of government. But at least they won't grant patents for perpetual motion machines, infinite energy, etc. But trying to sell the same is a different thing altogether, so kick on, Kickstarter.

ever heard this story ?

I hadn't, that's a hoot. There are two kinds of people, those that know that they don't know, and those that don't know that they don't know. Watch out for the latter. Governments almost always fall into that category, as issuing a patent for the wheel illustrates so well.

[quote author=Jack Christensen link=topic=245042.msg1755325#msg1755325 date=1402078204] Yep, at least as dumb as any other branch of government. But at least they won't grant patents for perpetual motion machines, infinite energy, etc. [/quote] This is why I will never release my designs for a perpetual energy machine as I can't get them patented. ;)

perpetual motion machines,

But perpetual motion is only halve the goal, you should do better to harvest energy. Maybe then it is patentable again :wink:

BTW The Dutch artist Escher designed it years ago and someone build it:

I've seen this guy's videos and one thing is that the amounts of energy he is playing with are very small. IIRC he charged a small capacitor from one of his batteries and ran the "motor" (well, it turns so technically...) for minutes to prove something. A few leds driven by light could probably keep his motor turning all day.

Has anyone else seen the Solar Roads and Parking Lots startup? Or the debunk takedowns? That one just gets better.

I saw one that used a PC fan and magnets from dead hard drives. I -had- 4 dead hard drives till I saw that one.