xbee shield and zigbee

Hi everyone can someone please clarify me what the following components are and what they are used for:
xbee
xbee shield
xbee explorer
zigbee

I get confused with all of them. A picture or link to a diagram would be appreciated

XBee is a brand name of Digi International for its embedded RF modules. There are many different XBee families.

XBee shield is an Arduino shield that an XBee can be plugged into. XBees often need a different power supply voltage than the MCU they are connected to, and also signal level shifting; circuitry on the shield takes care of this.

XBee Explorer is the name that Sparkfun Electronics gives its XBee breakout boards. An XBee breakout board is similar to a shield in that it accepts an XBee and may do level shifting and power supply regulation, but has a different form factor, so does not plug directly into an Arduino like a shield, but may be used with a breadboard instead. Several companies make XBee breakout boards.

ZigBee is one protocol that certain XBee families use. (ZigBee products are made by many other manufacturers as well.)

HTH. GIYF.

Why did you feel the need to post the exact same question (that was already answered) from 2 weeks ago?

Sometimes that can happen if your browser is restarted and one of the tabs is still on the page that submitting the original posting, or by injudicious use of the back button?

MarkT:
Sometimes that can happen if your browser is restarted and one of the tabs is still on the page that submitting the original posting, or by injudicious use of the back button?

I don't think that was the case. The titles are different as well as one of the poll options. That's a bit specific for an unintended reload spread across 12 days.

Perhaps there's some misunderstanding of the phrase "frequently asked question" ?!