Xbee wireless communication using Arduino UNO's

Hi All,

I am new to this forum community and to Arduino in general, and just want to ask something basic about using the Xbee with the Arduino UNO.

Here is what I've done so far:

1. I am using the XCTU software and have successfully configured the two Xbee's to communicate with each other through the XCTU terminal.

2. Some of the online sources have set-up the following configuration: Arduino UNO --> Xbee Router --> Xbee Coordinator --> Arduino --> PC. I tried doing the same but it seems that the Arduinos do not communicate with the Xbee's.

I am thinking that my connections might be wrong. This is the Xbee adapter I am using and I have connected the Arduino 5V and GND, to 5V pin and GND pin on adapter respectively. Arduino Rx and Tx connect to adapter Tx and Rx.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you're just doing point to point comms with only two XBees, why not just keep using them in Transparent Mode? No need for API mode in your case (unless there is some other project requirement I missed).

No you are correct. I am keeping it in AT mode. I am simply attempting to transfer a string as in this tutorial.

What I'm saying is restore your XBee configurations back to what they were when the XBees did talk back and forth with the Arduino and forget the "coordinator"/"router" stuff. Just keep them in Transparent Mode.

You might also need the XBee on the Arduino side powered by an external power supply.