YAAAP assistance required

HI ,
I am trying to get the project listed here " https://github.com/FilBip/yaaap" to work

I have all the hardware connected and the tiller motor ( a linear actuator ) moves when manually triggered “long press on one of the buttons”

However when set in “run” mode altering the position of the compass results in no output from the motor .

Debug Displays “MOTOR 0” on the LCD when set to run
Debug Displays “MOTOR -100” or “MOTOR 100” when in standby and I long press on of the buttons .

not quite sure what’s going on but if anyone could help me out id be very grateful

A few suggestions

Read th post at the top on how to use the forum

You need to post a wiring diagram - As you have it wired as well as the code you have running

No body can much help you if they don't know what you have done

Did the compass successfully calibrate and is it showing good-looking values for heading?

Compass output looks ok on the LCD and using serial debug I get values that change when i move the position of the sensor .

I have attached the wiring diagram .

Thank-you so much for your help .

saildude:
A few suggestions

Read th post at the top on how to use the forum

You need to post a wiring diagram - As you have it wired as well as the code you have running

No body can much help you if they don't know what you have done

Thank-you for your sage advice . I had missed the forum instructions but on your instruction i have tried to read up on them (there's a lot there so go easy on me) .

I am using the code provided in the link in my first post "there's probably to much to post here hence the link"

Wiring / schematic has been followed from the fritz diagram provided with one change "using an Arduino uno" instead of the pro mini listed .

Thank-you again for your guidance .

If you're seeing "motor 0" on the LCD, that suggests that computeCmd believes that there's no course correction required.

I'd suggest that you turn on the existing serial debugging in that routine and see what it's doing. You may need to add more Serial,print statements of your own to narrow it down.

wildbill:
If you're seeing "motor 0" on the LCD, that suggests that computeCmd believes that there's no course correction required.

I'd suggest that you turn on the existing serial debugging in that routine and see what it's doing. You may need to add more Serial,print statements of your own to narrow it down.

Thanks heaps sometimes its the simple things . I thought the compass had completed its calibration when in fact it had not (it took a few attempts and lots of movement in every direction to get it to calibrate properly ) . I am successfully getting power to the actuator when moving the compass now .

Thanks so much for your help

Project is now back on track :slight_smile:

I got nuts, when I tried to build the autopilot according to the wiring diagram.
In the diagram the ACS712 is connected to PIN 2 of the Arduino. As a result, the actuator did not move at all, and I got the message of overcurrent on the display.

The code defines the connection of the ACS712 to A0 (Line 81 #define ACS712PIN A0).

After I corrected the connection it works really nice.

Regard and thank to Philippe

Chrtro