Not able to Upload code Getting Error "avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x9e"

Hi

I am trying to upload simple led blinking sketch on Arduino Uno R3 board but getting following error.

avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino17/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x9e

I have noticed the resp code is 0x9e. In forum I found answer for other code but I can not find a answer regarding resp code 0x9e

Hello

1. Can you provide some history of the board?Is this a new board or an older board that worked in the past?
    • If the former, send it back to the supplier.
    • If the latter, please provide details of the project when it started failing. E.g. a schematic so we can see what was all connected and how.
  2. Is COM4 indeed the Arduino? Does it disappear from the IDE and from Windows device manager when you disconnect the board?
  3. Any information in Windows device manager (e.g. yellow exclamation marks)?
  4. Test if the bootloader is still working; press and release the reset button; you should get a few quick flashes on the L-LED.
  5. Is anything connected to pins 0 and 1? If yes, disconnect as it can interfere with the upload.
  6. Is anything else connected to the board? If yes, disconnect it.
  7. If you are using IDE 2.x, close the serial monitor.

Take a look at: 'Error: avrdude' when uploading and Errors when uploading a sketch