128x64 oled + menu

Hello everyone

I am working in a project that has 2 parts ( stepper + light ) and (stepper only). for know it’s 2 seperate programs.

Does anyone knows a way to cretate a simple menu sistem that works with an 128x64 Oled SH1106 and a rotary encoder ?

thank you all

Simple? No..

Any way you slice this, you're getting into some level of GUI management. I'd start with a drawable rectangle class and build from there. Then you want to draw text on that I suppose. Or, you could come up with a class that grabs a section of .bmp file and blits that into your rectangle.. Using a .bmp file you can have a menu that has any graphic looking thing you want.

-jim lee

i just need some text lines like menus anda sub menus

exemple:

-> Washing
-> 5 min
-> 10 min
-> 15min
-> Curing
-> 5 min
-> 10 min
-> 15min

Can you draw anything on the screen now?

-jim lee

hello m8

yes i can.

I have an SH1106 oled display thar works with u8glib, microlcd, adafruite_sh1106 + adafruitmGfx libs

Ok, here's a way to do it that's simple.

You're not really needing a menu, what you are needing is a visual indicator. SO lets say you have 5 choices and your knob has 5 clicks.

{ Draw one block of text 5 lines, top to bottom and on the line corresponding to the knob's click, draw the text differently. Differen't color whatever.}

Now each time you see the knob change, redraw the text() . Done.

-jim lee

Thank you for your sujestion but what i was looking for is something simple like this youtube video but with a rotary encoder and compatible with SH1106 oled sisplay since the demo uses a SSD1306
and it gives me alot of rubish onscreen

xmodpt

ok

-jim lee