12v LED Strip Connection not working

Hi Im very new to this topic, Im trying to setup a LED Strip but the problem is my Strip is 12V.

I have attached my circuit diagram and once connected, the led strip lights up with red but i cannot control it with code. I have tried Fastled and neopixel examples. But still couldn't make it work.

If anyone could guide me on the right direction it will be really helpful.

Thank you

** note - ignore the led power on picture. I have connected it to 12v

What is the chip on the strip?

Im not sure, Its this led strip Arduino 12v 30leds Rgb Waterproof Control Ws2811 Ucs1903 Led Strip - Buy Ucs1903 Led Strip,Ws2811 Led Strip Waterproof,Control Ws 2811 Rgb Led Pixel Strip Arduino Product on Alibaba.com

Read the part number on the chip itself?

MarkT:
Read the part number on the chip itself?

I have attached the photo above, I cant seem to find any number in the strip :confused:

Sorry im a super neewb

Use a lens and look at the chip closeup - if the plastic coating is clear enough you may be able to
read the print on the chip. Anything else will be guesswork.

MarkT:
Use a lens and look at the chip closeup - if the plastic coating is clear enough you may be able to
read the print on the chip. Anything else will be guesswork.

Finally found the number

Its
DP1903
B7 | 2601

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Hi,
google how to control DP1903

It is a "variant " of the WS2811 led strip.

Here is a link to the IC.

Tom... :slight_smile:

So I have the exact same problem, haven’t found any Information regarding how to control the DP1903 with an Arduino and a Library like fastled. Did anyone get this to work ? Im stuck at this for 2 days now.

@TomGeorge
@diluk

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.