A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header v2

Dear all,

I have posted on this issue earlier, but still no success.
I get this message during upload trial of my sketch on Mac M1 to the TTGO T watch 2020.
I have the newest version of Arduino IDE and of ESP32 board data.
I have tried the exact same setup on a Windows computer. There it works.
I really would like to get it running on my new Mac. On my old Mac it did work...
Does anyone have any hints?

I have tried multiple things such as: pressing the reset button (hidden in the watch), installing new version of python, silicon labs usb driver, etc., etc. but got no success so far. At least now it works via Windows, so the cable and watch can be ruled out as a potential cause.

Hope you can help me as I am getting pretty desperate...

Kind regards,

Koen.

Sketch uses 262034 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 6553600 bytes.
Global variables use 13276 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 4508708 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 4521984 bytes.
/Users/koenmeesters/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/tools/esptool_py/3.0.0/esptool --chip esp32 --port /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART --baud 2000000 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size detect 0xe000 /Users/koenmeesters/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.6/tools/partitions/boot_app0.bin 0x1000 /Users/koenmeesters/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp32/hardware/esp32/1.0.6/tools/sdk/bin/bootloader_dio_80m.bin 0x10000 /var/folders/8p/nlrld4fj1xq_bxxn107dvs_00000gn/T/arduino_build_203477/sketch_nov05a.ino.bin 0x8000 /var/folders/8p/nlrld4fj1xq_bxxn107dvs_00000gn/T/arduino_build_203477/sketch_nov05a.ino.partitions.bin
esptool.py v3.0-dev
Serial port /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART
Connecting......................................_____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

Should this have been posted in the Installation & Troubleshooting department?
If so, could any of the moderators move this topic?

Some progress here: if I connect GPIO0 and/or GPIO2 to ground with 1 kOhm resistor during upload it goes in flash mode.
On a windows computer it goes in flash mode automatically.

This will help you :

Hi,
I don't see how your post should help me. But what is an FTDI? Are you suggesting I should try several of them? Which one worked for you?
Groet Koen.

It is a QUOTE from another similar problem in the forum.

Click on the blue link to read that post !

1 Like