Advice/Guidance: Automatic Shutter Opener

I am trying to use the Arduino board to drive an automatic window opener. Attached below is an image of the window I am using to test. I want to try and use a rack and pinion to move the stick up and down, thus opening and closing the window. Later, I hope to link it to a light sensor, but right now I just want to open and close the window. However, I am stuck at trying to attach the motor, rack, and pinion to the wall. Thoughts/advice on what I should do/use? Thanks!

EDIT: added a pic of the motor+ rack & pinion that I need help on, please give details on what I can do to make these parts connected together and working(right now I have them mounted on with scotch tape, but it is flimsy and the rack isn’t secure enough to actually pull the stick down. Thanks for the help!

Spheal:
I am trying to use the Arduino board to drive an automatic window opener. Attached below is an image of the window I am using to test. I want to try and use a rack and pinion to move the stick up and down, thus opening and closing the window. Later, I hope to link it to a light sensor, but right now I just want to open and close the window. However, I am stuck at trying to attach the motor, rack, and pinion to the wall. Thoughts/advice on what I should do/use? Thanks!

Funny? You ask about mounting the motor and rack/pinion, but have pictures of everything else.

The shutters are easily moved. I would use industrial strength Velcro.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Funny? You ask about mounting the motor and rack/pinion, but have pictures of everything else.

The shutters are easily moved. I would use industrial strength Velcro.

Paul

Would duct tape also work?

Spheal:
Would duct tape also work?

Are you unable to test it?

Paul

Alright, I have successfully affixed the motor to the wall and the rack to the window stick. However, I'm still confused about exactly how to attach the rack to the gear of the motor, because every time I try it falls down. Could anyone help me on how to secure it while still letting it move up and down?

From the Google “rack and pinion” images, I tracked this down:https://www.pitsco.com/TETRIX-Rack-and-Pinion-Linear-Slide-Pack/&TXredir=1.

This is one way to do it.

Paul