Arduin IDE 1.0.5 - Menu - Tools - Board - long list

Hi community,

i have found a small 'bug':
if you have a hardware folder in your sketchbook folder and in there some extra boards -
than the list under Tools - Board gets to long to show on the screen...
ok - for this it need really much boards.. but i get this problem as i added the jbaum81-megajunior1284 optiboot clone.
the list is not scrollable - so you cant reach the entries that are going out of your screen..
i think it would be nice - if there is a custom 'hardware' folder that this board would show up in an submenue - one sub menu for each folder in 'hardware' ..
so you can test and play with different user defined boards...

sunny greetings stefan

This problem is being carried forward from previous versions of the Arduino software. My simple solution is to rename the unwanted boards.txt file and therefore the software will not load these files.
If you are not using arduino boards then go to:

• arduino 1.0.5
  • hardware
  • arduino
    boards.txt
    Rename boards.txt to anything you would remember so you could go back to it if you ever needed it, e.g. boardsX.txt
    Or you may modify the contents of the boards.txt file with a text editor in order to remove these boards that you are not using.
    Good luck, alkhanfar

Another option (though probably frowned upon) is to comment out all the board types you don’t have/use by putting # in front of all entries in a section like this.

# ##############################################################

# fio.name=Arduino Fio

# fio.upload.protocol=arduino
# fio.upload.maximum_size=30720
# fio.upload.speed=57600

# fio.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
# fio.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
# fio.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
# fio.bootloader.path=arduino:atmega
# fio.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex
# fio.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
# fio.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F