Arduino 1.6.3 on Windows 7 - Fresh Install - stdlib.h: No such file or directory

I apologize in advance for my ignorance about all things Arduino…

I’ve installed Arduino 1.6.3 and I’m unable to compile anything. It wont even verify the default. I’ve searched around and seen other people have had the error on Linux system, but I couldn’t find anyone with the problem on Windows. Below is the full output of the error.

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Uno”

In file included from sketch_may03a.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\dallesho\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.6\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:23:20: fatal error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory

#include <stdlib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.

You are recieving the error above because a file needed by the IDE is either curropt or missing.

To rectify this you have two options:

1. Reinstall the IDE, and hope it fixes it. (It should)

2. Download a zipped copy of the IDE in the same version you are using, extract and replace the file.

I would recomend the first, as there is no way to tell what other files may be missing. Let me know if either solves your problem.

Thank you very much for your help. I tried a re-install with no luck at all. Finally, I deleted C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15 and everything started working. Can't wait to build some cool stuff!